Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Quick Little Project

So I had an hour to kill (because I guess I don't like sleep) and I went out to the garage to test out the scroll saw on cutting out names.

The first attempt was great. Until I realized I cut out the outside first and then when I went to drill the wholes for the insides of the letter and found my drill's battery dead. BOO!!! I made the mistake of being desperate to keep working on it and I tried to just use a nail. I forgot of course the reason we use a drill in the first place. WOOD SPLITS! Off came the top of the A. Blah!

So I sat down and redid it. This time I cut out the center of the letters first and then I cut the outside. I biffed the bottom of it when the blade started to wander and my straight bottom because slightly curved.

Either way it was fun and not bad for getting to know the machine. I can already see tons of decorative pieces I can cut out for my other projects. :-)

Here is my attempt. It was for a gift for another forum friend's son.

1 comment:

  1. It looks awesome, T! Lots of cool things you can do with that thing.

    ReplyDelete