Saturday, October 17, 2009

In Other News

I made some progress on Furla's house sign. I made an aweful horrible attempt at inlaying the name into the sign, but well....it was aweful. So I flipped it over and decided it was better to just lay it on the top and have a nice 3D affect. I still think that it may need something on the top of the bottle to make it look more like a bottle and less like a cutting board.

I stained it a Merlot color and I spray painted the name white. I can't find any other way to make the white look as nice as with a coat of spraypaint. Once I deal with the wine bottle top issue and I attach the name, I am going to coat it front and back with lots of layers of an outdoor sealant. I don't want it rotting or something like that. It will be outside, so I have to make sure it can take it.

Any suggestions on what I can do to make the neck of the bottle look more like a wine bottle neck than a cutting board shape?


0 comments: