Monday, December 14, 2009

The Rest of the Set

I decided I had a lot of scrap wood sitting around. So I decided to make more things for my desk. I made myself a monitor stand, a paperclip holder, a pencil and pen holder, a calculator riser and a foot rest.

It used up most of my scrap wood which made me happy. BUT, I learned that even if you have your brad nailer at a 90 degree angle and you have no knots of nails or other things in the way, it can and WILL take a 90 turn IN the wood and come out the side and find your thumb. OWIE! Luckily it didn't go all the way through the pad of my thumb. Did seem to go pretty far through it though. Cleaned it up and put a bandaide on there. I was even good enough to go get a tetnus shot even though I didn't think I needed it. Happy mom?! Anyway, its best to be careful and remember when using a 2 inch brad nail you have to keep your hands even farther away than before.

Back to the projects. I took some scrap wood and basically used my scroll saw to cut out the center of a few squares and then glue a back piece of wood. The use the router to round all the edges and give it all the usual stain and seal. If anyone wants details on any of these, I can of course share more details.




















0 comments: