Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Puzzle

Here is something funny you should know about me if you happen to ever have a conversation with me in person. If during the conversation my eyes wander the room and then I look thoughtful and like I am not listening....I am building stuff in my head. My husband usually asks where I went and then answers himself that I must be building something in my head.

The thing is while I am driving, eating at a restaurant etc, there are things all around me. I am curious how they were built and if I could build it. Especially if there is cool woodworking or trim around me. I have to build it in my head so I can enjoy the craftsmanship.

So if I space out its not that you are not interesting enough, but it simply is that I am rude and can't stop myself from building the stuff I see around me in my mind. I laughed at myself today because I realized in my head it even has music. Or noise really. If you have ever played those Lego Star Wars Wii games and you find a pile of Lego's on the ground. You click the button to start building some item with them....yeah, that is the sound I hear in my head and see my hands flying through the process of building that mini wall or trim around a table or door.

Is this a bad sign of my mental stability?

2 comments:

  1. You are not crazy. You are a normal person with a passion! I had a hairdresser friend that always noticed peoples' hair. I myself see a girl in a store and wonder the same things you do. "could I sew that? would it be marketable? What kind of fabric did they use for that?" I picture clothes in cut pattern pieces being pinned together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least I am not the only one. Its the first time I ever had a hobby that truly got under my skin like that. I feels so natural now to see whole building and piece it together. It must mean we are doing what we were meant to be doing. :-)

    ReplyDelete